Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fall Highlights.

Football and the Baseball Playoffs - first and foremost. October is the best month for sports...hands down.

Pumpkin Ale - this shit should be served year round. I always try and stock up before Winter when you're bombarded with a bunch of seasonal porters.

American Apparel Flex-Fleece Hoodies - these things are the best and I have like five. A definite plus to having worked there.

The smell of bonfires/campfires/nature burning - can this smell be bottled into a cologne form? I know a lot of people hate on it, but I have some nice memories.

Going to Shows - Time to be inside a little bit more, and why not go watch great shit? Fall is an excellent time to go to see music, and tons of notable bands come through town this time of year.

Running in Sweatshirts and Sweatpants - doesn't sound too appealing right? Remember, though, I like to sweat.

Fashion Options - there are just way more layering opportunities and other possible fashion transformations. More clothes...duh.

Halloween - haunted houses are the fucking best. When some sort of ghoul, zombie, or mass murderer catches me off guard I clap my hands and curse. It's like I've been foiled or something, and I'm mad at myself. I love it.

Soup - basically eat (or is it slurp) soup consistently throughout the season. Put some lentil soup in an IV for me and I'm all set.

Tackle Football - complete soreness the next day, but it's the kind of soreness that makes you feel like you've accomplished something.

Sleeping - wrapping yourself up in extra blankets is always a great idea. Especially with a space heater sitting right next to you.

Done.

2 comments:

edwardallen said...

your point about getting scared by dudes in costumes cracked me up. the clapping as a sign of respect and appreciation for getting scared is completely the right response.

i love pumpkin beer. i wonder if butternut squash beer would be as good? or zucchini beer?

getting dressed in the morning during the fall is so much better. long sleeves, thermals, hoodies, light jackets, beanies... its so good.

so we are in agreement that fall is the best season right?

Heidi Lynn Bragg said...

apparently i can create a better thai pumpkin soup than myra can muster. maybe you should come home and have a cup or a bowl!